No one wants to eat from a dirty vending machine, but cleaning your machines on a regular basis does more than help keep sales strong – it also helps prevent maintenance problems from arising by keeping dirt and grime from working its way beneath keypads or into the machine’s interior.
Daily cleaning tasks
Ideally, machines will be cleaned each day when money is retrieved and products are restocked. Daily cleaning is simple:
- Use a glass cleaner to wipe down the front of the machine (and the sides, it they’re accessible) to remove smudges, fingerprints and grime.
- Then use the cleaner to clean inside the glass to remove any marks made by products as they drop into the delivery tray.
- Finally, wipe out the delivery tray to remove crumbs or dust.
Annual cleaning tasks
- Each year, the machine’s trays should be removed and cleaned (pay special attention to greasy chip trays).
- With the trays out, the coils can be removed and cleaned as well. Neglecting this step can cause products to stick and problems with dispensing are much more likely to occur.
Keeping your machines clean will help avoid most of the typical vending machines repair problems that can take a big chunk out of your profits. Make cleaning a part of every driver’s regular routine so these simple tasks don’t become major headaches.