Why Preventive Maintenance For Your Dispensing Machine?
Dispensing machines are tough cookies. They can handle everything from tampering attempts and inclement weather conditions to unintended product abuse. Yet, they need to be inspected, calibrated, and serviced at the appropriate intervals to ensure minimal downtime and a great experience for the customers.
What Are The Advantages Of Preventive Maintenance?
- Fewer/No Breakdowns – a well-maintained machine has fewer chances of halting operations mid-vend during peak traffic hours.
- Reduced Repairs & Services Costs – now, we could imagine that rare scenario where repairs are needed. A routinely checked machine will have you coughing up far less in terms of spare part replacements.
- Consistent Customer Experience – your dispensing machine plays multiple roles for recurring visitors. You must help maintain the same levels of efficiency for customers as the day you unwrapped the vendor.
- Increased Cash Flow & Profits – All of these add up to a reduced bottom line and more topline.
What Tasks Are Covered Under Preventive?
- Perusing Product Literature: Checking the product and service manuals is the easiest and most effective first step towards preventive maintenance. Even if you do not read it cover to cover, some call-outs are intended to be at the top of your mind.
- Maintaining Logs: Checklists require updated data to be compared against to be effective. Logs are the answer here and go a long way in helping with preventive maintenance. Logging also helps keep track of high-impact factors such as water consumption, units of electricity consumed, the time taken to vend items, etc. This approach helps address many avoidable and recurring problems by –
- Understanding Cause & Effect: If your coffee dispensing machine requires more water for the same number of vends, the filters likely need to be cleaned.
- Identifying Deviations: maintaining logs helps identify the sweet spot in terms of running costs and helps flag down deviations. For example, consider a 29 Selection combo vending machines that require 216 electric power units for 24/7 operations in a month. If your consumption exceeds this substantially, this needs to be checked out.
- Order Original Parts: Vendnet is your trusted supplier of quality spare parts, and there are few if no parts that we do not have in stock.
- Track Feature Usage: Operational wear and tear impacts components differently. For example, the coin validator, motor mechanism, etc., must be checked more frequently than others.
- Bringing In Expert Help: dispensing machines are a long-term investment, so it would be best if you were confident about the technicians who worked on them. Vendnet is at your disposal with its 90 years of experience in servicing dispensing machines.
What Is Preventing You From Doing Preventive Maintenance?
However, the biggest question is what exactly prevents you from doing maintenance activities. Is it bandwidth, maintenance costs, access to information, or would you like to see a more compelling business case to invest in preventive maintenance?
Whatever the case is, we highly recommend you get in touch with us because –
- If the reason is time or bandwidth – our training videos cover multiple aspects of preventive maintenance in setup videos, certainly worth your time.
- If you think the cost of routine maintenance is expensive, please talk to us – you might be surprised by the things you could accomplish by just hopping on a call with our experts.
- If you have the time and inclination to perform routine maintenance and just require access to information, then visit the Vendnet website. We are the one-stop-shop for all things related to dispensing machine service, spares, and maintenance.
- And if you want to see a more compelling business case – we recommend you keep tabs on the cost of lost profits due to avoidable downtime.
For more information about Vendnet and how we can help you, give us a call at 1-800-833-4411.